March 25, 2019 @ 12:00 pm

Another motivating factor is that you get easier by losing weight. As the body becomes a more efficient fat burning machine, it also becomes better to let go of fat and any excess kilos. Smart, isn’t it?

Should you still need a single extra reason to slow down and distances, keep in mind that good stamina in itself tells a lot about your health and well-being. Endurance is very much worth having, both inside and outside the running shoes.


Surprisingly, for some, you may also find that you are speeding down and slowing down your journey. What lies in being persistent is also that you are able to keep a given speed for a long time.

However, this does not mean that you can settle for the long trips if you really want to be a faster runner. In order to stay, next to train interval training, you need to stimulate your maximum oxygen uptake. According to Claus Hechmann, you have to do this 1-2 times a week – but no more. For though the short and intensive training has its advantages and can produce results in the short term, one-sided hard and intensive training will break down the body. It makes you tired and increases your risk of running into injuries and stagnation. And is a potential motivational killer, he explains and says:

– Let 60 percent of your workout take place in a comfortable pace where you can talk along the way. The next 20 percent of the training may be faster, but still needs to be relatively comfortable. It gives you a total of 80 percent training that improves your fat burning. The last 20 percent challenge you yourself by interval training and running so much that you really get pressed for breathing. Here you get really trained and improved your oxygen uptake.


Everyone can learn to run long, but many begin after Claus Hechmann’s perception of the wrong place. In fact, most exercise runners should start with a large part of the training, especially if you are a beginner.

  • If you have no experience with long trips, you have not built up your endurance yet. Initially, you therefore get the most out of focusing on quiet trips, where you gradually work with the distance and always keep your profits, says the expert.
  • When you can run 10 km in one hour, you can start introducing “full” running training. But even here it will be good to periodically combine your race with brisk walking and fun.
  • Variation in training is absolutely crucial, no matter what level you have when your shape has to develop. There should be a big difference between the tempo you use for interval training, and the pace you run your longer, quiet trips, emphasizes Claus Hechmann.
  • Tip!Endurance training requires more time than a high-intensity 20-30 minute trip, so plot the long workouts into the calendar a week or a whole month forward so that they are sacred.

Leave a Reply